Sunday, April 23, 2017

Bath Bombs

We attend a yoga studio four times  a week. Each class is different and each instructor is different. We just found out there will  be some changes  and this young lady that teaches on Monday nights is leaving. So I wanted to do something for her. I decided to make some bath bombs. Here is a link to the recipe that I used.
http://www.themakeupdummy.com/2016/06/30/diy-bath-bombs-with-epsom-salts/#_a5y_p=5824952

In reading this they gave tips on coloring the Epsom salt and either mixing with the rest of the mixture or sprinkling in the bottom of the mold which would end up being the top of the design. I used two essential oils for each batch. I cannot for the  life of me remember both, I did label them when I wrapped them. Since they were gifts I do no have them anymore.   I made rose shaped ones, I colored the salt red  and lime green.  Even after mixing and letting it sit before mixing everything together it  the colors still blended.  One of the scents used was lavender along with one other scent, for the rose shaped. For the other flower shape I used peppermint along with another that I cannot remember.

First pick is the start  of the bath bomb mix

 This photo is the Epsom salt after the coloring is added.

 For the second batch, I colored the Epsom salt then  I added just the blue colored salt to the mix.
 Here the first batch is in the rose  silicone mold drying. This has the red and lime colored salt.

 For the second batch I took the yellow colored Epsom salt and sprinkled it on the bottom of the molds.  Which will be  the top of the flowers once they are dried and released.
Here is a photo of the finished bath bombs.  Love how they look and smell.



No comments:

Post a Comment