Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Print and cut magnets

I recently came across how to do 3D print and cut magnets.  I thought this would be a wonderful thing to make for my granddaughters.  I decided to make the alphabet, letters and colors.  Since there are two of them I made two sets. of each but, for the letters I made them each two sets so that they have enough letters to spell small words.  Not that they are able to do that yet since they are only 3 and 2.  Here is the link for the directions on  how to do this. 

http://www.silhouetteschoolblog.com/2015/02/3d-print-and-cut-magnets-and-tons-more.html

I used the Silhouette adhesive magnet product, along with some white card stock.  I print and cut the design using my printer and Silhouette Cameo.  Since the magnet is the adhesive kind once the designs are cut out all I have to do is line them up. I could leave it just like this but, instead I brushed on this Mod Podge dimensional magic which makes the magnets 3D plus, I think it makes it bond together more along with looking shiny. 

The first photo shows the magnet on the left and the print and cut on the right.

 Second photo shows what they look like after the Mod Podge was applied.

 Third photo shows the colors after the print and cut is done before the magnets were applied.
 
 Fourth photo shows the Silhouette Cameo cutting out the numbers.
I found at Target some cute little bags for a $1.00 they were perfect to put all the magnets in.  They are for the granddaughters Easter baskets.  I am looking to get a metal box of some type and then decorating it. This would be great for the girls to  each have their own containers to play with the magnets without having them on  the fridge. It would be away to not have the girls in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment