Thursday, March 3, 2016

Sublimated Kitchen Trivet

Found this cute iron trivet, while placing an order with Conde.  We were already ordering the tile that goes in this trivet I decided to go ahead and order it.

Once the item arrived I was so looking forward to putting a design on the tile. The best part about this is the design will be sublimated so it can be used as a trivet or a wall hanging.

It took a bit for me to come up with the design I wanted.  I seen something similar in the Silhouette store.  I have some utensils with a scroll design but, I did not want the scroll part.

So I took the eraser and took off all the scroll.  Then I was going to fix at the bottom of the utensils.  But, I just put a box at the bottom and erased the open lines from the utensils that were in the box.

Picked out my font which is Milkshake and then put the colors I wanted.  It needed a little something more and with my husband's input I put a nice corner scroll and changed all the utensils to one color and then it looked just right.

Here is the before photo.
 
Here is the after photo, the tile is not attached yet. This was just sublimated yesterday.  Once it is hanging up I will post a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment