Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Easter Bucket for SIL

I was on Pinterest looking for ideas for an Easter basket for our SIL, when I came across this really good idea.  Here is the link.
http://blog.evite.com/evite/2013/03/husband-easter-egg-basket.html#.Vvrn9keQqC7 

I really loved this idea but, I did not want to paint the beer holder.  So I made a few changes, first I purchased a bucket at Michaels for 50% off. 

Using my Silhouette Cameo I took some gold vinyl and designed and cut out the saying. I then placed it on the bucket.



Then using my Silhouette Cameo I took some bunny ears I already had and I then drew out a rectangle and attached the two pieces.  From there I took the bunny ear and made it smaller.  This piece was the inside of the ears.

I took some craft paper and cut out six sets of bunny ears then with pink craft paper I cut out all the insides.

All I had to do was glue the pink parts inside the bunny ears.

Here it is ready to go.  We went to VA to see our granddaughters and SIL for Easter, so I did not finish putting this together until we got there.  The night before Easter my husband and I took the bunny ears and glued the rectangle so all we had to do was put them on top the bottles.

We waited until they came to the hotel to glue the cotton tails on.  I brought all I needed to complete the bucket and the girls baskets.


The ears are sitting crooked but, here is the front view.
Here is the back with the cotton tail.
 Here it is all together, we even added some goldfish carrots and some chips.




No comments:

Post a Comment