Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Changing out candles for the holidays

I purchased these remote controlled LED candles for the Christmas holidays.  I really like them and I wanted to find a way to use them for other holidays but, not just be gold glitter.  My plan was to find a way to put glitter on it in the colors of Mardi Gras and Valentine's day.

Then I found the Duck Tape brand that comes in all kinds of patterns and colors.  So my plan was to find some purple and green Duck tape and put it on the candle.  I was looking for the wide style and could not find it anywhere in the colors I needed.

Then at Office Depot I found Scotch brand in the colors I needed but, it was a thin strip.  I picked it up anyway and I just did more than one layer around the gold glitter candle.

Here is a photo before I put the tape on it.

Now, here is the first part of the tape going on the candle.
Then next color is the green.
Here it is completed.
Then I did the same thing to two more candles.
I have four tall candles but, I decided to only use three.  Here they are all done and sitting on my coffee table.  I am really pleased with how they turned out.




I have also purchased some white vanilla scented LED candles that I am decorating for Valentine's day.  Will post photos when I am done with them.




No comments:

Post a Comment