Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Millennium Falcon

In one of my Facebook groups someone had posted a photo of the millennium falcon ship, that they did in vinyl as soon as I seen it I thought of my daughter who is a huge Star Wars fan.

I sent her a message with the image and asked if she would like it and she of course said yes. I had no white heat transfer vinyl so I just purchased some Cricut heat transfer material from Hobby Lobby.

It cut with no problem but, the wedding part was hard since it was white.  For the life of me I could not do it.  So I let my husband do it, he did an amazing job.

Here is the shirt I am putting it on, I have a tile underneath it and it has been pressed.

Now it is all set for the design to be pressed to the shirt.  Once it is all lined up I put a cotton towel between the iron and the shirt / design.  I press for a good 30 to 35 seconds.  Then I move it around to make sure I get every area. I press really hard.

Once done I remove the towel and I press really hard on the transfer sheet.  After that I pull it off and it is all done.  I sent it off to my daughter she loved it, I have not seen a photo of it yet.  But, here is a photo once it was done before I mailed it out.  So happy how it turned out.



No comments:

Post a Comment