Saturday, June 20, 2015

Saguaro Glasses.

Back on June 15, 2013 I etched some dollar tree Saguaro glasses for my Navy friends who are from Arizona.  I put both their names on the glasses.  A while after this one ended up broken so for the longest time I was looking for the glasses to come back to the Dollar Tree so that I could etch a new one.

It took until 2015 for me to find some and that was just by accident they just happened to get a shipment in.  So I first picked up just one then my husband and I went back and picked up some more.

For some reason I did not save the design but, working with my friend I found the right font and was able to re-create what I needed.

Since we purchased more I etched her name on one and on the other two I etched the words Amigo. These came out better than the first ones I did.  They had drips and other errors. One of the Amigo glasses does have some etching drips but, it does not look too bad.

This couple has been living in Pensacola so we have really gotten to know each other and today we are getting together.  I cannot wait to bring these to her and replace the broken one.

Here is a link to the first ones I did.
http://nelliebee133.blogspot.com/2013/07/more-dollar-tree-glasses.html
Below are photos of the glasses that I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment