Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Easter shirts for G-babies

It took me a while to come up with what I was going to put on my Granddaughter's shirts for Easter.  I was playing around with a few designs I had from the Silhouette store and I seen in my library some Easter photo props.  In the photo props was a couple of Easter baskets and some eggs and grass.

So this is what I started with, I put one of the Easter baskets on my Silhouette design space and then I added the eggs and grass.  As I went along I colored each item in to see if I would like it.

Then I took a bunny and a chick that I had along with a chevron background and I combined them so that the chevron will fill in the shape of the bunny and the chick.

Once this was all done I printed it out so that I can check the size on the shirts. Below is what they looked like printed out.  I really liked how they looked and the size so I went forward with my design.

First I cut out the baskets, using my Silhouette Cameo and Siser Easy weed heat transfer material.
The pink one is for my first grandchild and the purple one is for her sister.

Then I cut out the grass and the eggs for both of them.  Along with the chevron bunny and rabbit. I did the pink one first, I ironed on the basket, then the bunny.  From there I placed the grass and then the eggs.  Here is how the pink first look, I brightened the photo so you can see the eggs and grass better.



I then did the same steps for the purple basket.  But, I just was not happy with how the eggs and grass looked on the pink basket so I added each egg behind the grass and then I carefully ironed them on. This took a little time but, I was pleased with how it turned out.




Looking at the pink one I wanted to make the eggs and grass look better so I cut some more grass and I placed it by the eggs and this looks so much better.

 Here are both designs up close, I came up with this combination all on my own and I am very pleased with how they turned out.  This is actually my oldest granddaughter's last onesis that I will make she is almost two and she is going into toddler shirts.  She is growing up fast.

So this pink one is for my first granddaughter with a purple chevron bunny.


This one with the purple basket and yellow chevron chick is for my second granddaughter.
Cannot wait to see photos of them with their buckets and shirts.


1 comment:

  1. Your blog is amazing!! :)) You are a great writer who obviously has a passion for what they are writing about! I would appreciate it if you would check out my blog and let me know what you think in a comment on a post you like! I would love to have a talented writers input! Keep up the great work!!!

    ps. the poka dot one is adorable!! :)
    -Wanderlust Rach <3

    ReplyDelete