Saturday, February 21, 2015

50 Shades of Gray

In one of my Facebook groups I came across this design and I thought my friend would like to have it. I knew she was going to see the movie and I just wished I had seen it sooner so she could wear to the movie.  But, she lives two hours away and there would be no way to get it to her.

She loved it and I put it on a shirt and a coffee cup for her.  The cup I just happened to have on hand.
I would of loved to have it on a black shirt with gray heat transfer material but, I since I didn't I used a gray shirt with black heat transfer material.  I really like how it turned out.

 The coffee cup is a tall white cup and I just happened to have some gray outdoor vinyl.  Here is one side of the cup showing the design.
Here is the other side. Very happy with how the both turned out.


2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    You do the very nice things with your Silhouette. And I love yours work with the police badge!
    Maybe you can help me : I try to etch an Erlenmeyer (a flask in the lab) for my boss (he retires in one month) ; but this glass resistes at the etching product. So I thought to use the vinyl... Can I use any vinyl? Is it resistant in dishwasher?
    I would like that my boss gives this flask during some years...

    www.lamedufaitmain.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie,

    Thank you for your comments. The flask more than likely has a film/coating on it so it will not be able to be etched. The best vinyl for this is Oracle 651 this is outdoor vinyl. After you are done let it cure for 48 hours, you should be able to use in the top rack of the dishwasher. I personally wash my by hand. Feel free to contact me anytime.

    ReplyDelete