Friday, January 9, 2015

Monkey nightlight, for our granddaugther.

Once the blocks were frosted and sealed it was time to cut the designs for the night lights. Our first granddaughter is called Monkey. 

The design for the monkey was purchased at the Silhouette store.  I measured it so that it fit right in the center of the block.  I printed it out on regular paper first to make sure it was the right size. Then I cut out all like colors of vinyl and layered and lined it all up.  Once it was all together I applied it to the glass block.

The heart the monkey is holding should have been laid down before the monkey but, I missed that.  My husband lined it up and then cut out part of the heart so that it could line up without pulling the vinyl hand up.  He did a really good job.  Then  I decided to put on the back that G-Ma loves you to the moon and back.  I put it on the edge of the block so that it would not show through to the other side.
Here is a photo with the light on.  I am using a single bulb that has a switch to turn on and off the light. 

Here is a photo with the light off.
Here is the back of the block.



No comments:

Post a Comment