Monday, December 22, 2014

Angel Ornament

I seen this angle poem on Pinterest, I really liked it and I wanted to put it an ornament in vinyl. Here is the link where I first seen it.

http://samanthasaccessories.blogspot.com/2011/12/new-pattern-and-diy.html

I tried cutting it out a couple times in vinyl but, I was making it way too small and it just was not working.  Then in one of my Facebook groups I found a similar poem and the lady printed it out using transparencies.  She was kind enough to share with me her version.  We both have the Silhouette Cameo so she sent me the file all set up with the poem and the ornament shape around the poem.She offered me some wonderful tips and I am so grateful for her.

Using my Silhouette Cameo I was able to do a print and cut. I printed on vellum paper. I first printed the words out using my Epson printer.  Once I let the ink dry, I placed the vellum paper on my silhouette mat making sure all was lined up.

Then I set the Silhouette to cut out the shape of the ornament that is around the words.  It printed perfectly. My settings are the same for vinyl.  From there I tried to put the cut out into a 2 5/8 round style ornament but, for the life of me I could not get it to lay flat.

I left everything alone and went to bed.  This morning I tried again and I could see it was just too big. So I took a plastic M&M 3 inch style and it slipped right in no problem then I just added some white feathers from a boa.  I am very pleased how this turned out.


No comments:

Post a Comment