Monday, November 10, 2014

Christmas Decorated Plate

Found this design at the Silhouette store and really liked it thought it would look cool on a green charger plate that I had purchased last year.  It had a lot of little pieces to weed out. First try I was in too big of a hurry and the vinyl ended up sticking to itself.

The second time I got it off and weeded with no problem. Then I was on the phone with my daughter and I just looked at it and felt it was on the plate straight but, it was off and you could not read the words.  So I ended up taking it off.  Lucky for me it was not hard to take off for it did not cure yet.

Here is what it looked like.  I had added snowflakes to the rim thinking that would work but, still did not like it and of course it was not centered.


The plan was to put white vinyl behind the middle so the words would show and the star would be white.  My husband and I thought the windows needed to be seen also so I tried to do different things to just have the center white but, could not get it lined up correctly. 

So I just decided to put a oval behind the pattern and cut it out in white then place the design on top of the white vinyl.    Here is the end result, I think it has too many snowflakes and maybe too much white but, my husband really likes it and it is for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment