Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Updated Thanks Shadow box.

I took another one of the smaller 5x7 shadow boxes and made a Thanks shadow box.  Using my Silhouette Cameo I cut out in vinyl the words Give Thanks and some colored leaves.  I cleaned the glass and applied the vinyl to the front of the glass.

I had a fall background on my computer, I wanted it to be really bright and I had some 5x7 photo paper and printed it using photo paper.  Then I added a few fabric leaves.  I really like how it turned out and it was so quick and easy.


I really liked how this turned out however, this is with a flash so you can clearly see the words.  But, even with the dinning room light on it could not be seen very well.  So it bothered me enough, as I was changing out my Halloween shadow box and turning my pumpkin around from a Jack O lantern to a my thanks sign. I decided to change the words so they can be seen better.  I did on offset for both words and changed the colors of the word give.  This was done using scraps so nothing was really wasted.


No comments:

Post a Comment