Saturday, September 20, 2014

Dollar Tree Soap Dispensers

I have seen many decorated liquid soap dispensers and I wanted to decorate one.  I had one already but, for the life of me I could not get the label off and it was all scratched up.  So when I was at the Dollar Tree I found a good size one and thought it would be perfect.

I seen where many people are using transparencies and printing on them and then placing them inside the dispensers.  That just seemed like a mess that I would make.  So I of course was going to use my Silhouette and vinyl and decorate the outside.

First I pulled the label off with no problem but, it of course left a sticky residue.  I put nail polish remover on it and it did not work.  I used rubbing alcohol and that did not work.  Did not have any Goo be gone.  Then I remembered reading that peanut butter will work.  I was more than a little skeptical but, tried anyway.

I only had crunchy but, I tried it and it worked like magic.  Has to be the oil in the peanut butter.  Either way it all came off and it was clean and smooth.  

I waited a couple days to decorate it, I needed to find the right saying and measure to get the right fit.  Just before applying the vinyl I cleaned it with rubbing alcohol so that it was nice and clean.

This morning I found the saying and I had the measurement just right, then at the last minute I made it a little bigger.  I should have left it as it was for it would have fit in the shape better.

Since it is for my kitchen and I like it that is all that matters.  Below is my finished product.  I do like the size of the dispenser there is more room to decorate than the smaller ones.  I just need to make the design a little smaller.  I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the vinyl then I used Dollar Tree contact paper to transfer to the dispenser.  I had a hard time figuring out what color vinyl I wanted to use.  With the blue colored soap I wanted something that could be seen really good so that is why I went with the white.



No comments:

Post a Comment