Saturday, July 19, 2014

Ready To Pop

Today, my daughter is 38 weeks and 3 days, she lives in Hampton VA.
Her friends are giving her a ready to pop shower.  A couple weeks ago she seen a shirt online and asked if I could make it for her.  I was able to make it and get it sent to her in plenty of time for her shower.


I used the Square 1 material  http://www.square1masterpiece.com/

Using my Silhouette Cameo I designed the shirt, then I printed it out using my Canon inkjet printer. From there I used the Cameo to cut the design out.  Using this material you do not have to mirror your image and you just iron straight on the shirt.


I used a simple iron on high heat and no steam.  I offset the words, after cutting the words out I put the offset down first and lightly pressed.  Then I put the top of the words on and pressed it down.

With my husband's help we lined up the popcorn so that it was popping out of the letter O in Pop.
Once everything was set we pressed everything using the iron on the highest setting and no steam. We used constant pressure and did not move the iron around.

So happy how this material worked it was easy and faster than doing layers.  Here is how it turned out. Found out after that my daughter's shower colors are pink and grey.  She will be having a little girl, she has a daughter who will be 13 months old on July 22nd.  She is due July 31st.

This shirt is a surprise to everyone at the shower so I am waiting for her to send me photos of her wearing the shirt then I know I can post this blog.



My daughter sent me a photo of her wearing the shirt.



No comments:

Post a Comment