Thursday, June 26, 2014

Lables For Kitchen Canisters

So I have Dymo label maker and I used it a long time ago for my kitchen canisters.  Recently I seen a few people who used their Silhouette to put vinyl labels on their canisters.  I did a little research to find the right type of label.  I found this website that had free printable labels.  They were being used as place settings but, I liked the design and just made them smaller for my canisters.
Below is what the canisters looked liked before the vinyl labels.



Here is the site where I found the free printable labels.  http://www.mom4real.com

Using my Silhouette Cameo I traced the labels and then I found the font I wanted for the words.

 Here are two of the labels after I weeded out the parts I did not need.  They are covered in contact paper.  This is what I am using as the transfer paper.


Here is a photo with the label and transfer (contact) paper lined up on the canister.  The canisters have some ridges to them but, I am going to do my best to place where they will not be too much of a problem.



Here is the first one done, I love how it looks, my kitchen is yellow and cobalt blue.

Now, the sugar and stevia ones.  This will help my husband out so he will know for sure which one is stevia and which one is sugar. I do not have one for coffee that is in another container.
Here they all are completed and together. Love how they turned out and they look so much better than the dymo label.
I have a fourth canister that held some colorful straws but, I decided to move them and label the last canister but, I did not know what I would put in it so I just put question marks.  It is slightly crooked but, that is ok down the road I may have something for it and then I will take the question mark label off. 



No comments:

Post a Comment