Sunday, June 15, 2014

G-Baby's first birthday outfit.

Our granddaughter is going to be one next Sunday. I wanted to make decorate a onesis for her first birthday.  I used Silhouette Heat Transfer Material.  This was before I started using Siser Easy Weed.  This was also my first layered project.  I did it awhile ago but, my daughter did not want me to post photos until it was closer to her birthday.  Using my Silhouette Cameo I had the birthday girl and the one already in the library.  I mirrored the image and cut it out.  I used a regular iron and just pressed with no steam for a couple minutes.  Here it is just before I ironed it on.

Next I cut out the top layer of the one.  I then ironed it on the same way I did the first time.
I mailed this off to my daughter and she really liked it.  They live in Virginia.  But, I thought it needed something more. When my daughter had to mail me something I asked for her to send it and I would jazz it up a bit.

I found white ribbon with green and pink stars.  Then I picked up some material that I could iron on the shirt and iron the ribbon on it was so easy.  I had recently purchased the Bowdabra to make bows.
I picked up some lavender and dark green ribbon and my husband made a bow.  He used the green and pink star ribbon for the center.  Then we used different iron on and non iron on adhesives to secure the bow.  I love how this turned out.  I also picked up a headband and my husband made a bow using the green and pink star ribbon that is on the onesis, so it matched her outfit.

As a surprise for our daughter we added to the back nickname G-baby.  This was done using Siser Easy Weed Heat Transfer Vinyl.  Love how this turned out.
I have mailed it back to my daughter and she loved the new added touches.  Our granddaughter wore the outfit to have her first birthday photos taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment