Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mother's Day Gift

So I was trying to come up with a gift for my mom for Mother's day.  I seen on on of my Facebook groups where a lady had put vinyl on a cutting board and I loved that idea.  So I went up to Walmart and picked up the cutting board.  She purchased her design from the silhouette store and split the cooking utensils but, I really did not want to do that.  When I went to the silhouette store I found another design that was already split and that made it so much easier for me to do.  I just measured the size of the cutting board to figure out how big I needed to make it then I also mirrored the image since I would be putting it on the back so you can see it on the top and a hot pan would not touch or ruin the design.  There was a debate on if you put the design on the smooth or bumpy side.  I put it on the bumpy side and then after 24 hours I took a blow dry to it so that the vinyl would go down in between the bumps and adhere more.  I really like the way it turned out.  I plan on making another one and when I do I will provide step by step instructions along with photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment