Monday, March 24, 2014

Re-using a canvas

A while ago I went with a friend of mine to a painting class it was a lot of fun but, I really did not like the painting that I did.  Since then, I have done a couple other paintings and I do like those.  I have the canvas and I wanted to do something with the canvas but, I had no idea what to do.

I seen this website:
http://vintageprettypearl.blogspot.com/2012/10/diy-quoted-canvas.html

I not only love what she did but, I loved the words she used. I did mine a little different. I first painted over the canvas with white paint.

Then I printed out the words and placed them on the canvas.

From there I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the words. I use contact paper for the words.
Then I placed the words on the canvas.

Once I placed the words on the canvas then I painted it in purple and pink.
After brushing on the paint I took a paper towel and brush and just scratched and swirled the paint around. I do not know why I did not this but, it looks better.


Then I peeled the letters off, some of the paint went under the letters. So I touched them up with some white paint.  Here is the end result. My hubby already hung it up in my office/craft room.




No comments:

Post a Comment