Saturday, October 26, 2013

Glitter Ornaments.

So I seen on Pinterest different sites showing how to make glitter ornaments.  Here is one site that I looked at for some information.

http://randomcreativity.wordpress.com/2010/11/29/glittered-christmas-bauble-ornament-tutorial/

This is all you need to make the ornaments.

1. Plain glass ornaments, I picked two sizes a small and a large. I am making the smaller ones first. I got them at Michael's on sale.


2. Ultra fine glitter, at first I purchased regular glitter then I seen that it needs to be ultra fine for better coating. I purchased this 6 pack at Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon.


 3. Mop and Glo, found this at Wal-Mart.


To begin with, pop the tops off of your ornaments.  I used the carton that they came in for them to dry.

Pour about a tablespoon of  Mop and Glo into the ornament.  Carefully spin the ornament around slowly so that the interior is evenly coated with the Mop and Glo.  If you shake the ornament, lots of little bubbles will form.

Turn the ornament upside down over the bottle to drain.

Grab a paper towel and wipe the excess Mop and Glo, out of the ornament stem before you turn it right side up.

Take your glitter, and pour about a tablespoon into the ornament.  I used some bathroom size paper cups so that I did not mix the glitter. I had a cup for each color of glitter.

Stick your thumb over the hole and shake it up.

 If you didn’t have enough glitter in it to coat the entire inside, add some more and shake it up again.
Once coated I took the ornament and placed it on top of the paper cup and poured all the extra glitter out.  Then, I poured the extra glitter back into the glitter container.

I read where you should leave the tops off for 24 hours so they are completely aired out and dried. Once they are all done I will cut out some vinyl designs using my Silhouette Cameo.  I will not be posting any photos of the completed projects since I am making them as gifts.  But, here is a photo of the what they look like before I put the vinyl on them.
I really like how they turned out. Can not wait to embellish them.

No comments:

Post a Comment