Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Vinyl & Slate

So I had seen on Pinterest or some online place where someone purchased some slate at a craft store and then stenciled a sign and distressed it to look like a chalkboard sign.  I really wanted to try this out and I cut out a stencil using contact paper and my Silhouette Cameo.  Well, it was a mess the paint leaked under the contact paper and it was not readable at all.

Lucky for me I was able to wash the paint off of the slate.  Then I took a piece of sandpaper and rough the slate to make sure all the paint was off and whatever I put on would stick.

I had decided to cut out what I wanted using my Silhouette Cameo and vinyl.  I made a birth sign for my granddaughter's room.  The vinyl stuck to the slate with no problems and then I just added some felt flowers that I had.

My husband is going to drill some holes and put some twine on it for easy hanging.


No comments:

Post a Comment