Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I Did it myself canvas

So I seen on Pinterest where you can do put photos on canvas instead of paying someone to do it.

When I clicked on the photo this is where it sent me to.

http://www.literallyinspired.com/2013/04/canvas-photos-reprised.html

She shows step by step on how to do this.  I had an idea for a cute photo of my daughter and son in law's wedding shoes and instead of paying for it to be made it to a canvas I did it myself.

The website shows step by step what to do but, I did make a couple changes.

Here is what materials I used:

(1) 8×10 Black Canvas
(1) 8×10 Photo

Mod Podge
Application Brushes

I purchased a black canvas at Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon, this way I did not have to paint the edges of a white canvas black like the original instructions say.



Here is what I did step by step.

1. Place photo upside down then place canvas on top, trim away any excess from photo.


2. Apply an even layer of mod podge.

3. Lay photo face up on canvas. Smooth and press firmly removing any bubbles.

When I first printed this out it did not fill the entire 8x10 frame so I opened up Microsoft Power Point and I inserted the photo and then I added a black trim around the photo. From there I uploaded it to Walgreens photo department and I ordered an 8x10.

 4. Add a layer of mod podge to the top of the photo to seal.  Here is the end result.
I am very happy how it turned out especially since it is my first time doing this. But, I will do this again.  Did anyone notice the wedding rings are tied in the shoe laces?




1 comment:

  1. Your canvas turned out fabulous! I love the photo, so cute! I didn't see the wedding rings. Love that personal touch. I will have to look out for the black canvases. I have never seen those in the stores before. Great job!

    ReplyDelete